Summer fun with Play in Parks & Playday events
Play in Parks (PIP) and playday events are open access schemes providing play opportunities in parks located within particular areas of Birmingham and is aimed at children aged 5 to 13. The PIP and playday events are managed by Birmingham PlayCare Network with funding and support from a variety of organisations and charitable trusts such as Social Action Fund, Optima Housing, and Awards 4 All.
These projects will take place during the Summer school holidays in different parks across Birmingham, and they give local children the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities, including playing in team games and engaging in messy play. The children and the community are given the chance to revisit gaps in their playful childhoods, and the project aims to empower local residents to reclaim their play areas and utilise one of the communities’ recreation spaces to its full potential. PLEASE NOTE: As this is a free open-access event parents do retain responsibility for their children. Look out for our Playworkers wearing uniforms with the Play in Parks and BPCN logos.
Our PiPs event will be taking place at these parks:
* Georges Park, Wills Street, Lozells, Birmingham, B19. 10-4.30PM – Monday 29th July untill Friday 2nd August.
* Bloomsbury Park, Oliver Street, Nechells, Birmingham, B7 4NX – 10.30-4.30pm – Monday 5th August untill Friday 16th August excluding weekends.
* Ward End Park, Washwood Heath Road, Birmingham, West Midlands B8 2HB – 10.30-4.30pm – Monday 12th August untill Friday 23rd August excluding weekends.
* Cannon Hill Park, Cannon Hill Park, Russell Road, Moseley, Birmingham,B13 8RD – 10.30-4.30pm – Tuesday 27th August until Friday 30th August – 10.30-4.30pm
Our Playday events will be taking place at these parks on the following days:
* Nimmings Park, Thelbridge Road, Longbridge B31 4ND – 10.30-4.00pm – Wednesday 31st July
* Moonlit Park, Bell Barn Road, Birmingham, B15 2AF – 10.30-4.00pm – Thursday 1st August
* Walkers Heath Park. off Walkers Heath Road Kings Norton Birmingham B38 0BL- 12 – 4.00pm – Monday 5th August
* Moonlit Park, Bell Barn Road, Birmingham, B15 2AF – 12.00 -4.00pm – Tuesday 6th August
* Handsworth Park, Handsworth, Birmingham B20 2HF – 12.00-4.00pm – Wednesday 7th August
* Kings Norton Park, Kings Norton, Birmingham B30 3EP – 12.00-4.00PM – Thursday 8th August
* Nimmings Park, Thelbridge Road, Longbridge B31 4ND – 10.30-4.00pm – Thursday 29th August
26 Jun 2013
Page 1 of 1